Get'er done.

Posted on Apr 29, 2009 by e-bro

So, a few weeks ago I mentioned several odd jobs that I intended to accomplish. Here's a status report:
1. My passport is about to expire. I haven't actually sent the forms off yet. Mainly because it costs $75 to renew and I have a hard time parting with with cash for non-fun and cute related things right now. However, I got the photos taken and have everything ready to go. I will probably send it next week in case someone offers me a free trip abroad. I would hate to miss it.
2. I will defer my student loans. I did this because they started to harass me. I don't like waking up to an "Unavailable" phone call at 8am on Saturdays. Also, it was easy!
3. I am cleaning my rugs. I moved in January and have yet to unroll several rugs because they are gross. Ok, this hasn't happened yet. I tried, though. The living room rug is dead meat, I fear. Or at least it smells like it. It's beige, really fuzzy and I got it for literally nothing at a sample sale (thanks, old job.) It's also disgusting and acquired a really hideous smell when I took it outside to "air out" and accidentally left it there for 3 days. Oops.
4. I am going to make curtains. I did this! To completion! I really recommend getting plaid fabric because it makes measuring and sewing in straight lines really easy. Look how cute: 
IMG_2888 by you.
5. I am going to organize my books into cute and like-sized stacks. Yep, did this too. I love it. Boyfriend sometimes needs to ask me what color certain books are, but I have a good memory.

3 Responses to "Get'er done.":

eric says:

you're cute.

ShawnThomas says:

Moira did the color-coded books thing. Drives me up a wall. I have a pretty good visual memory, too (no, it's not as good as yours), but I usually remember what a book looks like on the front and they are color coded by the spines...I need alphabetizing.

Emily says:

Color-coded bookshelves? You did work at DWR too long.