DIY food stuff.

Posted on Apr 30, 2009 by e-bro


I am obsessed with food blogs, cooking and attempting to save dough by making different, well, doughy items at home. I have been reading Serious Eats for some time and think it's just about the best round-up of recipe, book and restaurant reservations along with a healthy dose of food news. Anyway, they recently posted an article wherein the writer weighed the pros and cons of making certain items at home vs. purchasing them. She tackled bagels, jam, yogurt, cream cheese, crackers and granola. I don't have a mouth that enjoys yogurt or granola, but there is little I love more than brown food (carbos) with fats on top of them. I have no real need for bagels purchased or otherwise, but this article did get me thinking that I would like to create a large batch of pizza dough that I can divide into self servings and freeze for rather spur of the moment uses. I am dying to make a breakfast pizza
I have tried to freeze soup before and while I hear people do this a lot, I am never too excited about the thawed product. I am now freezing ginger and am about to start doing herb "cubes." What else can we make at home and keep for future inexpensive meal yummies?

0 Responses to "DIY food stuff.":