Booty Camping.

Posted on Apr 21, 2009 by e-bro


So, this whole "get buff" aspect of being job-free has it's highs and lows. On one hand we have all of the time in the world to exercise but on the other, some stuff is expensive! Also, there are lots of other fun things to do with your time. It's getting to be globally warm all over the place, so I am trying to think of an economical way means by which to camp your booty at a park, a few good men style, assuming you can handle the truth. P.S. if you live in San Francisco, have you seen those "Train Outdoors." cards that seem to be strewn about the city? I almost think they are using "littering" as a form of guerilla marketing. Lame.
So, here are my suggestions on a DIY boot camp:
1. Find a park and preferably a buddy who is also job-free. I would suggest coming up with a list in advance outlining your routine. I hate that "I don't know what I am going to do so I'm going to go home" feeling. Be prepared.
2. Get your warm-up out of the way by walking QUICKLY to the park with your buddy. 
3. Is there a tennis court? You can sprint back and forth on it. If not, take the sidewalk on one edge of the park and do sprints. I played b-ball in high school and there were these things we did regularly called SUICIDES. They are gnarly. On a tennis court you can start at a short end, sprint to the closest mid-line, go back, sprint to the net, go back, sprint to the far side mid-line, go back, sprint to the far end line, go back. Word? Sprint one, jog one, sprint one, jog one. Ouch!
4. Jumping jacks and "body builders" are more hard core than you'd think. There's a little animated weird thing here that I found. My ex-trainer once told me that these body builder things are what people do in jail and we know how buff jail birds are.
5. Squats are pretty much hell on earth but are also really amazing for making your butt like a peach. Who doesn't want a peach butt? You can also do a lunges version of the suicides. 
6. Is there a jungle gym at your park? Or a bench? Put your feet on a bench and do sit ups for like an hour. Just kidding. But you can do pushups (plank position) and situps using a bench while trying to avoid dog poops. 
I plan on doing this tomorrow at a never to be named park so no one can come laugh at me passing out on the grass after ten minutes. Baby steps, y'all.

0 Responses to "Booty Camping.":