Do you guys have any jeans that are "wide-leg" or "flared" or "bell bottomed" that you no longer wear? Because if you do, I learned this weekend a way to create "skinny" jeans from these ex-favorites. All you need is some pins and a sewing machine. This is what you do:
1. Turn them inside out and put the jeans on.
2. Start pretty far up the leg so you don't get MC Hammer pants. Pin horizontally to the floor so you can pull the pins out as they go through the sewing machine's foot. 
3. Keep pinning close to the outside of your leg until you get to the bottom. 
4. Starting at the ankle, sew up the leg tracing your pins. Be sure to go back and forth over the hem so it's secure. I sewed the line twice so I didn't have any bust outs while I was raging in my new jeans.
5. Cut away the extra fabric leaving at least a half inch. You can iron them flat if you get weird puckery things when you turn the jeans right side out.
Awesome. You look great.

0 Responses to " ":