Whoa, buddy.

Posted on Mar 18, 2009 by e-bro


Anyone who doesn't have a job knows that there are not many options out there. I remember in 2003 when I was unemployed after a move there were at least 293 jobs per day listed on Craigslist within my given category. Now there are about 9 per day and at least 3 of them are internships. I have contemplated endlessly the future ramifications of having either a bunch of teenagers creating strategic marketing plans or of having 42 year old professional interns at work. Both are depressing. Anyway, I have recently come to the conclusion that it is necessary to take serious sweet time when applying for a job. I have started writing down the details of the job description on a big piece of paper and sitting with it for a day. I list every task and function at previous jobs that relates to each point on the description. I then use that to draft my cover letter and customize my resume. I tangle with the dilemma over whether or not I should be the very first person to apply or if I can literally sound like I have identical experience only submitted a few days after others. It's tough out there, but I think patience is key. At some point the interns will start sucking and they will need us back. 

0 Responses to "Whoa, buddy.":